SACRAMENTO SUBURBAN WRITERS CLUB, established in 1955, is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving writers in the Sacramento region. The club meets monthly in Citrus Heights. All writers are encouraged to join. Check out our Facebook at Facebook.com/sactowriters.
You are also welcome to visit as a guest. You do not have to join, but membership does bring privileges, like submitting short stories for publication in our newsletter, and other perks as follows.
Advantages to being a member of the Sacramento Suburban Writers Club (SSWC) are:
- SSWC holds monthly meetings featuring workshops and speaker programs. Speakers include authors, editors, agents, publishers and club members. Handouts and information are available providing how-to information, suggestions and motivational methods.
- Join critique groups targeted to specific or multiple genres: fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, etc.)
- Networking. Meet other writers from all genres.
- SSWC produces a monthly newsletter, the Suburban Scribe, located in the “Newsletter” tab.
- The Scribe has insightful news on writing, upcoming information on area conferences, writers events, and other opportunities. Members may contribute short sections of their writing or art for publication in the newsletter.
- Lending Library. We have books and tapes on writing and publishing, plus SSWC authors publications, for members.
- Author days — sell your books and promote yourself!
- Guests are always welcome! and More.
SSWC meetings are held on the second Monday of each month, from 7 to 9 p.m.
Next meetings: Feb. 11th, March 11th.